Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Poem of the Week - Awakenings (inside-outside eyes) 2/Nov/2010

Selected by Mary Kling
This poem can be found at:

Turtle Memoirs



I awoke before dawn, ventriloquist lips
Blossoming haiku; fumbled light, scribbled,
Fell asleep again, mind-gathering photos
For my spring collage.

Woke next to grey morning, seeing
Eyes I knew were closed, wide with love
And trust, smiling in at me where I sat
Enwrapped in my tea ceremony.

On the third awakening, a playful sunbeam
Tugged at my lids. I teased resistance
For a heartbeat, then arose,
Eyes turned back again
Into the world.


Each week we select a poem from our members which we feel is a worth sharing.  If you enjoyed reading this poem be sure to stop by Turtle Memoirs and check out more of Gospelwriter's great poetry.

(This poem was selected by Mary Kling.  She is currently one of our contributors and poets found here at Poets United.  Her hard work and help with Poets United can be found in nearly every corner of this site and for this we are grateful. If you would like to learn more about Mary or read some of her own poetry you can visit her blog "In the Corner of My Eye" or keep an eye out for more of her posts. 

4 comments:

  1. Gospelwriter,
    an absolutely beautiful poem.
    Well deserving of this award!

    Eileen

    Mary, an excellent choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Eileen, very much. And thank you, too, Mary (and Poets United), for selecting a poem of mine to be honoured here.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruth, reading your work is a pleasure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a beautiful poem to awaken the day to. Great writing!

    ReplyDelete