Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Poem of the Week - The Space Between (26 April, 2011)



Selected by Mary Kling
This poem can be found at   Quiet Poetry:



                                  
In the space between a heartbeat and a breath
in the time, midway between a sigh
and the teardrop's fall
In the empty space between
the fissures of life,
stands, I.

The essence of my inner being ...
in this moment of nonexistent time
disrobes myself of the fabric of
this worldly flesh
Until I am,
a single
soul's
breath

A minute speckle of the essence of infinite life
swimming in this sea of radiant light
streams that carry me through
water, air, earth, and land
dropping me gently to rest
upon the bed of
life's hands

I awaken, 
born anew, a seedling
nestled within the warmth of 
nature's blanketed earth
In the span of ethereal time
I sprout, grow, reaching
earth's sky

My spirit strengthens as I grow 
in this existence
a seedling, roots, 
then arms reaching wide
a single leaf now, 
in this garden of life

The seasons pass to the song of this infinite tempo
the breath of life releases me once again
as I fall to the ground
the winds whisper 
an omnipotent breeze
gently,
they carry me across 
this vast universe


Where ...
Once again ....

The essence of my inner being ...
in this moment of nonexistent time
disrobes myself of the fabric of
this worldly flesh
Until I am,
a single
soul's
breath

 And ...

In the space between a heartbeat and a breath
in the time, midway between a sigh
and the teardrop's fall
In the empty space between
the fissures of life,
stands, I.
By Bernadine

(Note: the poem title and blog website names  are hyperlinked to the poet's site. By clicking on any of these a new window will open and you will be taken directly to the highlighted site. )

We hope you have enjoyed reading this week’s selection. Each week we select a poem from one of our members which we feel is a wonderful read. It is the poetry penned by our members and their willingness to share that is the core of our community. If you enjoyed reading this poem we can guarantee there will be many more like it so be sure to stop by next week and read what poem has been selected for your reading pleasure.

7 comments:

  1. Bernadine,
    A most worthy poem to have been selected, as Poem of The Week.
    I have always enjoyed reading your poetry Bernadine.

    Best wishes, Eileen

    Mary, An excellent choice, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember reading this poem months ago. I'm rereading it now and enjoying it every bit as much as i enjoyed it then.
    It comes from the depths of Bernadine's soul. Truly inspired and inspiring poem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, such a beautiful poem. Well done, Bernadine!!! I especially love how the poem goes full circle and the soul winds up where it bagn in the cycle. Very clever. Great pick for poem of the week, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely poem and a great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just close my eyes after reading this and follow where this poem takes me. An excellent, thought-provoking poem of the week.

    Well done, Bernadine and thank you Mary for sharing this. I'm looking forward to visiting Bernadine sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The message of Bernadine's piece is elemental and important, and often overlooked. Thank you for sharing her work and encouraging me to visit her site.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely poem I hadn't read before. Thank you Mary and Bernadine.

    ReplyDelete