Monday, August 22, 2011

Blog of the Week - The Passionate Crone (22 August, 2011)

Poets United is all about Community. And each week we highlight a blog of one of our members. This week's blog is The Passionate Crone with poetry by Rosemary Nissen-Wade.  Rosemary lives in New South Wales, Australia.  While you visit her site, you may want to visit her profile, where you will find out such interesting facts as she helped start Poets Union of Australia in the late seventies, pioneered poetry workshops in prisons in the early eighties, formed Word of Mouth Poetry Theatre with some other Aussie poets in 1986.  Today she likes to  'play with poetry online.'




A few poems we would like to highlight are:

She's Merely a Chocolate Dilettante - which made me smile and nod.

A Hope - a touching poem of connections shared.

In Dreams I Return Often - which made me reflect on my own dreams of childhood home.  And you?
Thank you, Rosemary, for being part of Poets United!

We hope you will visit the blog of the week, explore it a bit and perhaps let the author know you visited, and return and share your comments with us.

Next week we will share another blog.  Who knows?  It may be yours!

Posted by Mary Kling (who shares poetry at In the Corner of My Eye) for Poets United



10 comments:

  1. Thank you very much, Mary. I'm tickled pink to be chosen. (Now I'm going to go and crow about it on twitter and facebook.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :)! Yay, Rosemary, such a lovely lady and lovely poet to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Rosemary, your poetry is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT pick, Mary. I love the NAME The Passionate Crone and this poet has an amazingly interesting background. Thanks for featuring this blog, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. From one old crone to another ... it is nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rosemary is also a wonderful inspiration and passionate supporter to the writers in the weekly group she started in 2006 in Pottsville. Her poetry is fantastic, but moreso for me, is the fact that she's willing to share her experience and talent so openly with others. She changes lives slightly - online and off - week after week. Thanks for giving her some well deserved recognition!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love this group, Poets United, so thank you Rosemary, for telling me about it. Rosemary and I have known each other personally for over 30 years. I love her poetry, I love her blogs, and I too have had the benefit of being bettered by working together in writing groups. She also used to publish poetry, including my first collection. Go, Rosemary! You deserve all the spotlight you can get. I am so grateful you walk this earth.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you very much, old friends and new! I am enjoying this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rosemary I'am so happy that Mary introduced you this week. After having read many of your poems this morning I understand why. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for reading. I'm very glad you enjoyed them. (And I happen to be extremely fond of gnomes!)

    ReplyDelete