Monday, September 26, 2011

Blog of the Week - Madhumakhi (26 September, 2011)

At Poets' United we have poets of all ages.  This week we are featuring the blog of Madhumakhi,  a teenaged student from India who is already, at a young age, a serious and talented poet.  Her work can be found at    Madhumakhi's Poetry



Madhumakhi writes in a wide variety of styles and often participates in Thursday Think Tank and Poetry Pantry.  It is nice to see a young person who takes such an interest in poetry.  A few of her poems to take a look at are:

My Thoughts are Not My Own

Kites

Mysterious Mirror

Madhumakhi, thank you for being a member of Poets United and participating avidly with us here.

Hope others will enjoy the poems of this poet as much as we do and come back here and make a comment after you have read a few.  Poets United is always about community and supporting one another's creative efforts as best we can.

Post, for Poets United, by Mary Kling who posts at In the Corner of My Eye.

7 comments:

  1. Mary,

    Madhumakhi is a wonderful writer and supporter of her fellow writers at Poets United.
    A wonderful accolade for a wonderful lady.

    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very pleasant surprise. Thank you so much for selecting me this week Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice find Mary. Madhumakhi has a depth to her writings that she conveys with great clarity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whenever I read Madhumakhi's work I am amazed by her youth combined with exceptional skill. Her perspectives are deep, unique, thoughtful and thought-provoking. This young woman is a true talent. Thank you for sharing her writing with the crew here at Poets United, Mary.
    ... and Madhumakhi... you are a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Kim Nelson. Reading Madhumakhi's blog, at least to me, always makes me wonder where she gets those 'life questions' from and the ability to express them in the expertise that comes with age. Good selection, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so pleased to see Madhumakhi featured here. She is such a steady and faithful member of our community. I love watching young poets coming along, reminds me of centuries ago, when I began to write. Madhumakhi, poetry will accompany your journey so wonderfully. Save every poem. When you look back 40 or 50 years from now, you will be amazed at the "paper trail" you created:) Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Madhumakhi! I am so happy you were chosen; you have a soulful voice~ I look forward to your journey~xo

    ReplyDelete