Monday, September 5, 2011

Blog of the Week - Sherry Blue Sky (5 September, 2011)

Today  Poets Unted is recognizing as Blog of the Week the blog of someone we all know: Sherry Blue Sky, a poet from British Columbia, Canada.   Sherry is so active in the Poets United Community, does  much for the community.  She interviews poets weekly and does a wonderful job of this, participates often in the Thursday Think Tank and Sunday Poetry Pantry, plus regularly visits members' blogs and comments.  Sherry writes a poem almost every day in Stardreaming with Sherry Blue Sky, which we are featuring today:




I have a few poem suggestions to get you started, but truly if you start anywhere you will enjoy. 




I hope you will spend some time with Sherry's blog, with these poems or others.  And Poets United would like to thank Sherry for being part of our community, not only for writing so regularly on her own blog but also for supporting the rest of us who are part of Poets United.  Sherry, you are one special woman!

For Poets United by Mary Kling who blogs at In the Corner of My Eye.

17 comments:

  1. great choice with this one!! Sherry is a great writer - with a great blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful poet and an incredible woman. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherry's poetry is what prompted me to join Poets United...when I first discovered this site, I clicked on her name and found her poetry. Her writing is beautiful - you can feel her spirit shining through every poem. I loved all three poems featured above, especially A Box of Chocolates.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherry's blog is a wonderful place to sit with a cup of tea and relax. Sherry was one of the first to welcome me when I started posting poems. She is a beautiful woman inside and out. Congratulations Sherry! Well deservered.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For me, Stardreaming with Sherry Blue Sky is the Blog of Every Week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy cow! I just discovered this! Mary, what a surprise! Thank you, and thank you all for each and every comment. The feedback, encouragement and support I receive from this community has kept me writing all year, and that is a gift beyond price.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sherry is something special. I've felt that, known it, since I read the first poem on her site. She offers up so much, so often. Generous of spirit in every way. Great choice, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both Sherry and her blog are wonderful! So good to see her featured here. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. popping over from karen's bbq... hope im not too late! brought some JD and steak! my friend got me back into poetry and was looking for a good poetry blog! following!

    ReplyDelete
  10. STARDREAMING is one of my favorite blogs! Sherry has a way of connecting in a universal way through her poetry. I am amazed by her interviews on Poets United as well. She is one busy woman and one wonderful poet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was introduced to Sherry early on when I came to Poets United. She is filled with wisdom and kindness. And I love her blog. Her poetry is always something to which I easily relate. She is a lady filled with sunshine. I am so glad to get to know her.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do enjoy Sherry's blog very much and have enjoyed getting to know about Sherry herself. This is a good choice for blog of the week! Yes, Sherry and thank you Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really enjoy her point of view, and the poems about her pets are always so endearing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. No one could be more deserving of a spotlight. Sherry's blog is always a bright spot in a dark world, showing that light and beauty exist and can be shared no matter how rainy the day sometimes feels.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Couldn't be a better choice. Sherry, true to her blog's title, is a star-dreamer. She lights shine to all of us. By her dreams, our potentials are lit and it keeps us going and going.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats Sherry! Sherry is how I found all of you~
    She is a true talented soul. She sees beyond the dust and captures the essence, beauty and magic of nature's gifts! Thank you Sherry~

    ReplyDelete