Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Poem of the Week - When Words Go Free (20 September, 2011)

This week's Poem of the Week is by poet  Legacy2000  who shares his poetry on his blog When Words Go Free.  His profile lists his location as "Here:Now."



The poem that we are featuring this week is the poem with the same title as the blog:  When Words Go Free.

Here it is.  We hope you will enjoy it.


When Words Go Free

Your words did leave me speechless,
When I read them on your screen;
The way you wrote them was quite clear,
There was no "in-between".

There are those I've loved before,
(Just as you have too)
But no-one ever shared themselves,
Quite fully as have you.

When I said those little words,
I knew they might scare you,
But what I didn't tell you then,
Is that they scared me too.

I didn't know how you'd react,
I was scared you'd run away,
But the way you held me then,
Said more than words could say.

All these words of mine you read,
Should come as no surprise,
For they reflect what I see when,
I look into your eyes.


A beautiful love poem, don't you think?  Legacy2000, thanks for being part of Poets United.  We hope that others will visit this poem as well as other poems in your blog.

Written for Poets United by Mary Kling who blogs at In the Corner of My Eye.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, a lovely poem for us romantics. Great pick, Mary. So nice to meet you, Legacy, through Poets United.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful...esp. the end!

    ReplyDelete