Monday, October 24, 2011

Blog of the Week - Cole (24 October, 2011)

Poets United is about community.  And one of the things we try to do is share the works of our fellow poets as a way of support and encouragement. 

Today our featured Blog of the Week is  Cabernet Confessions by the poet Cole from Illinois, USA, who describes herself as an "artist, poet, writer, curious soul who is just trying to take a little time to learn more about myself and others."  I think many of us poets can identify with that, can't we?




Here are a few poems that we will feature:

21st Century Grandma    (Any other 21st century grandmothers out there?)

The Umbrella  (A remarkable poem written from the point of view of an umbrella.)

3 A.M.  (Perhaps others have had nights like this.)

We hope that you will visit these and others on Cole's site.  Perhaps share a comment with her there, or return here to give one of our community a little recognition.

Cole, thank you for being part of our community.

Posted by Mary Kling who can be found at In the Corner of My Eye when she is not hanging out at Poets United.

6 comments:

  1. This blog had me at Cabernet! LOL love this blog and my fav is the 21dt Cetury Grandma! That's me I hope, and hope I always elect to keep up. The talks are still the sweetest of all though. Poignant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pick, Mary. I am enjoying Cole's blog so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I greatly enjoyed Cole's blog. Glad that a few of you checked it out as well. Judy, the Cabernet attracted me too. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the blog name, and really enjoyed the Umbrella when I read it some time ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for highlighting such a wonderful blog, such fabulous talent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Mary and fellow poets,

    Thank you so very much for choosing my blog! How did I miss this honor??!!!! I have been out of town the past few days and unfortunately ran out of the house without my laptop, thinking oh well, it will be a nice break from the emails and such. And now I come home to this wonderful surprise!

    Thank you all very much for your very kind words and for taking the time to stop over and read my work. It is sincerely appreciated as I enjoy hearing what my readers have to say and how they connect with my writing. It fills me with inspiration.

    It is a pleasure being a part of Poets United.

    Cole

    ReplyDelete