Monday, November 7, 2011

Blog of the Week - Zongrik (7 November, 2011)

Poets, we have a really interesting Blog of the Week.  It is written by Zongrik, also known as Bat-Ami Gordin, who describes herself as an "animal lover, mom, poet/writer, dramatic soprano, photographer, teacher/tutor, CERT/Technician and, oh yeah, aerospace engineer."  Now I would say she's certainly diverse.

For those of you unfamiliar with Zongrik's poetry, I would like to suggest these poems as a start:

Dog in Leaves

Son

Not All Heroes Cried  (Oh, this one is a tear jerker.  Dog lovers, take a look.)

Zongrik is a poet whom I have seen around a lot lately.  She is a regular in Thursday Think Tank and the Poetry Pantry and other poetry sites. I really enjoy her work and also appreciate the way she responds to members of our community!

I hope some of you will take a look at Zongrik's work and come back here and leave a comment.  Poets United is all about community and encouragement of each of us in our writing efforts.

Written by Mary Kling who is trying to write a poem a day at In the Corner of My Eye, as well as keep up with all the excitement at Poets United.

9 comments:

  1. Mary, great pick. Of course you knew what the poems about dogs would mean to me! Zongrik, so nice to find you at Poets United.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent choice! Zongrik is a very talented poet :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice work! keep up the good work, enjoyed visiting your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've already become acquainted with Zongrik, not least through kind comments on my work. I love the down-to-earthness and true feeling in these poems you've selected for us to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet.

    Funny thing is I started the blog as The Space poet, and I ended up writing about animals, especially dogs, and people now see me as the dog poet.

    Thanks for this little blog about me.

    Thank you for all my readers and admirers. It means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well deserved praise, and a true animal lover.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not an expert at poetry,but I do know what I like and have learned a little of the field,like a few others.This Lady has wrote some amazing work and for a novice reader like me to see so many sides of each one is to me amazing.I`m always excited to see what she comes up with next. Brian

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go, Tammy! I happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woof! We're glad you're known as the "dog poet." Like your poems! xx

    ReplyDelete