Sunday, November 6, 2016
Poetry Pantry #327
This is the day Daylight Savings Time ends in the U.S. So some, I am sure, are enjoying an extra hour of sleep. Maybe an extra hour for writing poetry too? Smiles.
This is the week of the Presidential Election in the United States. I think most people's nerves are on edge. Perhaps I should just speak for myself and say that MINE are.
Susan had a good prompt for Midweek Motif last week: Day of the Dead. In the light of the above, I struggled with inspiration. I could not find a way to escape into words. But thanks to those who DID participate in this well-written and very timely prompt.
Monday, please return to read Sherry's feature -- a revisit to a young Indian poet, an article that you will really enjoy!
Wednesday, we welcome Sumana back to Midweek Motif with her prompt "Path." This prompt strikes me as very relevant right now.
Now, without further delay, let's share poetry. Link your poem below. Stop in and say hello in the comments. And go about enjoying the poetry of others.
- ► 2019 (186)
- ► 2018 (202)
- ► 2017 (203)
- Poets United Midweek Motif ~ Social Stigma
- BLOG OF THE WEEK - AN UPDATE WITH KARIN GUSTAFSON
- Poetry Pantry #330
- The Living Dead
- Poets United Midweek Motif ~ Hyperbole (Stretch th...
- POEMS OF THE WEEK ~ BLESSINGS AND GIFTS, WITH SANA...
- Poetry Pantry #329
- Moonlight Musings
- Poets United Midweek Motif ~ Invisibility
- BLOG OF THE WEEK - AN UPDATE WITH MARCOANTONIO
- Poetry Pantry #328
- I Wish I'd Written This
- Poets United Midweek Motif ~ Path
- BLOG OF THE WEEK ~ AN UPDATE WITH PREETI SHARMA
- Poetry Pantry #327
- Poets United Midweek Motif ~ The Day of the Dead
- ▼ Nov (16)
- ► 2015 (202)
- ► 2014 (204)
- ► 2013 (212)
- ► 2012 (254)
- ► 2011 (281)