Sunday, March 24, 2019
Poetry Pantry #444
Happy Sunday, fellow poets. We hope you're doing well. I wanted to share with you the heartbreaking sweetness, hope and love of these Syrian children, singing, and still dreaming, in their war-demolished country. For them, we wish a world of justice and peace.
On Friday, we featured Canadian poet activist Rita Wong, who is working hard to protect the Peace River valley, in northern B.C., under threat from the controversial Site C dam project. She is a wonderful poet; her poem about Site C is very stirring. She even stopped by and left us a comment!
Tomorrow we are featuring Poems of the Week by three of our most faithful members. And on Wednesday Sumana's prompt will be Solitude, which should bring some wonderful responses.
For now, with the last notes of these beautiful children's song echoing in our hearts, let's share some poetry and dream they may live into the tomorrow they deserve.
- Poetry Pantry #445
- The Living Dead
- Poets United Midweek Motif ~ Solitude
- Poems of the Week ~ Three Poets on Poetry
- Poetry Pantry #444
- I WISH I'D WRITTEN THIS
- Poets United Midweek Motif ~ Empowerment
- LIFE OF A POET ~ KAREN (KB)
- Poetry Pantry #443
- Moonlight Musings
- Poets United Midweek Motif ~ Neighbors
- POEMS OF THE WEEK ~ FOR LOS ANGELITOS
- Poetry Pantry #442
- Thought Provokers
- Poets United Midweek Motif ~ Kindness
- Telling Tales with Magaly Guerrero: a Pantry of Pr...
- I Wish I'd Written This
- ▼ Mar (17)
- ► 2018 (202)
- ► 2017 (203)
- ► 2016 (197)
- ► 2015 (202)
- ► 2014 (204)
- ► 2013 (212)
- ► 2012 (254)
- ► 2011 (281)