Sunday, July 14, 2019
Poetry Pantry #486
Ms Turtle looks so peaceful and beautiful, swimming along. May she always find clean, safe waters to swim in. Last week seemed to go by extra quickly, not like a tortoise, more like a hare on roller skates!
On Friday, in the Living Dead series, Sanaa offered a fascinating account of the life and work of Mirza Ghalib, the Urdu poet who lived in the 1700's. It was most interesting. I love the work of the mystical poets from those early times. He excelled in the ghazal, a form that intrigues me. It is worth scrolling back, if you missed it.
On Monday, our featured guests will be Rosemary Nissen-Wade, Carrie Van Horn and Marian Kent, with poems that will knock your socks off. And on Wednesday, Sanaa will be guest hosting at Midweek Motif with the prompt: Perfume. Cool.
Let's top up our coffee, maybe add a little extra cream, since it is Sunday, after all, and we can take our morning slow; let's dive in to the Pantry and see what wonders everyone has contributed to the feast. Please remember to visit your fellow poets in the spirit of reciprocity.
- Poets United Midweek Motif ~ not-so-old-fashioned ...
- BLOG OF THE WEEK: VIVIAN HAS TWO NEW BOOKS!
- Poetry Pantry #488
- I WISH I'D WRITTEN THIS
- Poets United Midweek Motif ~ Dance
- POEMS OF THE WEEK - POEMS OF PEACE
- POETRY PANTRY #487
- Moonlight Musings
- Poets United Midweek Motif ~ Perfume
- POEMS OF THE WEEK ~ BY ROSEMARY, CARRIE AND MARIAN...
- Poetry Pantry #486
- The Living Dead
- Poets United Midweek Motif ~ Weather
- Telling Tales with Magaly Guerrero: a Pantry of Pr...
- Thought Provokers
- Poets United Midweek Motif ~ Poems to weather unce...
- BLOG OF THE WEEK : CHATTING WITH SUSIE CLEVENGER
- ▼ Jul (17)
- ► 2018 (202)
- ► 2017 (203)
- ► 2016 (197)
- ► 2015 (202)
- ► 2014 (204)
- ► 2013 (212)
- ► 2012 (254)
- ► 2011 (281)