Today’s prompt will take you on adventure!! At least we hope this is the case. No one poem will be alike and no one inspiration will be alike. We want you to step outside the normal pursuit of poetry and use a random piece of art found at deviantArt. deviantArt is an online community similar to ours except it's mainly about art. In order to do this you need to follow the instructions provided below.
1. Go to deviant art.com (you can just click here and it will open in a new window for you)
2. Navigate to the bottom of the page and look in the lower middle right column titled DeviantArt Loves You. Just below the images are three options. Select the middle one Random Deviation.
3. This should automatically bring up a random image found on this site. Attempt to write a poem inspired by the photo or art work you are presented with. Try to use the first image you are presented with but do remember if it gives you something you are uncomfortable with then feel free to find another random one.
It would be great if you post the photo along with your inspired poem on your blog but be sure to give credit to the person responsible for the art.
This should be lots of fun!!
We look forward to reading and seeing where today’s adventure has taken you.
If you have a prompt idea that you would like to suggest or share with us please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org . We keep a folder set aside with all your suggestions and just might use it one day.
There 3 simple rules:
1. Don’t link to more than 3 poems per week.
2. Please visit some of the other poems linked here when you link to yours.
3. Leave a comment after you have posted your link.
LOL! You've picked a site I can't visit here at work.ReplyDelete
(It got banned because we got a nasty virus from it on our mainframe, so head's up!)
But I still visit it from home. I have my own account there (BuddhaRocks), so you might call up something from my Gallery!
Wow, this is pretty cool!!!!!!!!!ReplyDelete
This was a fantastic idea with the images from deviantart.com.
I was very happy with the first image, I turned up, as I had, had a 'shoe moment' one other day!!!
As some of you may have noticed...Today is not Thursday lol. I lost track of my days with wishful thinking and posted early. I will post tomorrow The Life of a Poet Interview with Mary Kling that should have been posted today. For now enjoy the Think Tank early.ReplyDelete
Great one - found my new icon of the tired monk...and my new hero.ReplyDelete
I wondered what day it was today...lol.ReplyDelete
Robb, I hope you won't mind that I've cheated a bit: there is a picture and there is a poem, but the photo is not from deviantart...
I have only one picture and one poem in my head today, and I'd like to share it.
This has been an interesting promptReplyDelete
This was fun and brought back lots of memories, thanks for the prompt.ReplyDelete
This turned out amazing!ReplyDelete
Thanks for this prompt. I love DA, so it was fun to use work from it for writing poetry,ReplyDelete
linked in one...
This was such a fun prompt, I did two of 'em. ☼ReplyDelete
I cheated. The first pic was of a girl slittingReplyDelete
her wrists. I was not up for that. The second however was inspiring.
Oh I did not read the instructions so my piece does not fit this prompt - you can remove it ...bkmReplyDelete
"Addressing an alligator" -- or ad-dressing an alligator :)ReplyDelete
Brilliant idea for a prompt, using a picture.ReplyDelete
This was a fun challenge :-) My picture was difficult - but I think I managed to pull it off quite nicely.ReplyDelete