We intend to include as many submissions as possible while still producing a quality book. The book itself again will be sold by Lulu (an independent print to order press) with little or no profit to Poets United. We will keep it as cheap as possible for our members.
Please read below for further information and guideline.
• All current followers and poet bloggers who actively participate with Poets United qualify for consideration as long as they are active blogging poets and are listed on our blogroll. Anyone who is not on our blogroll will unfortunately have to wait till the next issue for possible publication.
• As an artist or photographer you do not need to be listed on the Poets United blogroll for consideration. We like photos and art to accompany our poetry and give the anthology a well rounded look and feel. All photos or art will be in black and white so please consider that prior to submission.
• All submissions need to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org Please title your email “Anthology Submission” so that we can separate them from the many of emails we receive daily.
• Please submit no more than three 3 poems for consideration.
• By submitting your poem you agree the Work is original work, it has not been copied wholly or substantially from any other work or material and publication.
• All submissions and copyright will remain with the Author of the work.
• Simultaneous submissions are welcome. Please let us know, though, and notify us immediately when your work is accepted elsewhere.
After lengthy consideration our anthology will appear once a year in March. It is our goal to see that a good portion if not all our submissions are published in this or future anthologies (This will greatly depend on the amount of submissions). Extra consideration will be given to first time submissions and those that are active participants in the Poets United Community.
When sending us a submission be sure to include the following:
• Your name or Pen Name
• Your Blog Name & URL
• Title of the poem or poems you are submitting
• We would prefer a word copy but you can also post it within the body of your email. Also if it is online please give us a link of where we can find it.
We try not to edit your poems so be certain that it is exactly the way you want it!!!
The Poetry Pantry, independent and unaffiliated, is an international poetry anthology published annually or biannually by Poets United, an online poetry blog community. It is run entirely by its community participants under the guidance of its founder Robert Lloyd. The Poetry Pantry features poetry, prose and art submitted and approved by the members of Poets United. To view or obtain a copy of our previous anthologies please see the link below or email us at email@example.com.
Please remember we are not a professional agency of any sort. This anthology and all we do at Poets United is for the benefit of the Poets United community. It is a hobby and labor of love for most of us and we are happy for having the opportunity to just attempt an annual publication.
To dowload a free copy of our current anthology or to purchase one of your very own please visit the link below.
Get Your FREE Online Copy!
The Poetry Pantry:
Thoughts That Breathe
Vol. 1 Issue 1
Copyright © 2011 by Poets United.
All rights revert to authors/artists.
I accidentally submitted two early and with the wrong pieces. LOL I re-submitted with thursday think tank entries! YAYReplyDelete
Maybe I missed this, but is there a certain amount of lines (length) to stay within when writing a poem to be considered for publication? I am looking forward to trying my best and hoping you will enjoy it enough too.ReplyDelete
I am very excited about this...i did not get my act together and participate in the last anthology....so I would love to do it this time. Thank you Robb for all you do! :-)ReplyDelete
We had not considered a limit on words. I would imagine if they are too long we would contact the poet for another submission. Last year we had maybe 2 or three poems that spanned 3 pages but nothing else that I could remember. Heres to hoping we dont end up wanting to publish some ones epic. lolReplyDelete
Time to start sifting through my archives again!ReplyDelete
Hi again, what is the deadline date for submissions?ReplyDelete
Thanks so much for the info on how to order a hard copy of the book! I am thrilled to be working with Lulu and that I will have the anthology on my bookshelf. I plan to submit again... watch out, ha ha. Bless you for all your fine work, folks! I consider myself lucky to be in the presence of such wonderful poets and beautiful people Peace, AmyReplyDelete
Wonderful, Robb. Did this year go fast, or what? Thanks for your hard work, enthusiasm and energy. I know the anthology takes a LOT of work! The first one is a beauty.ReplyDelete
How exciting! I'm looking forward to being a part of this. Thank you.ReplyDelete
Sounds like another wonderful opportunity from Poets United. Thank you all for taking the time and creative efforts to make this anthology. I'll submit some pieces tonight, thanks!ReplyDelete
I think I am a member, but not sure. How do doesReplyDelete
one know for sure if he/she is a member of
I am a member and I just submitted 3 poems for your anthology. I hope the format and info was what you expected and that you like the poem enough to include one or more of them.ReplyDelete
Excited to hear more! :-D
I'll start sifting! This is exciting!ReplyDelete
Is there a special topic for the anthology?ReplyDelete
I submitted a long time ago :( Should I resend them?ReplyDelete
Does submission of poetry for publication involve any payment of money or compulsion to buy copies or anything like that?ReplyDelete
You are not required to purchase anything. The copies when they are available are purchased only if you like or wish. Typically we try and have free Epub coincide with the book.
Thanks for clarifying, Robert.ReplyDelete
Thank you for this opportunity.ReplyDelete