Thursday, June 10, 2010
The Thursday Think Tank - #1 Acrostic
Poets United will put out weekly poetry prompts in hopes of inspiring great poetry. We will attempt to do so every Thursday. This is not a requirement of our members; it is merely a way to provoke our creative urges. This week’s poetry prompt will be a simple one to start us out, write and Acrostic Poem.
Some of you may be wondering what and Acrostic Poem is. It’s a simple and fun style of poetry that focuses on a single word or phrase. The poem takes whatever you have chosen and begins each line with each letter of the selected word or phrase. For Example: Cloud
Calmly floating along
Lazily in the sky
I think you get the idea. What you choose to do with your poem is up to you. Hopefully some will place it in their own poetry blogs for others to see what they were inspired to write. You are also more than welcome to share it here if you would like. We could create a section for Poetry Prompt Submission if there is demand for it.
We hope you give this Prompt a try. Good luck and Happy Writing!
Posted by Robert Lloyd
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- ► 2019 (186)
- ► 2018 (202)
- ► 2017 (203)
- ► 2016 (197)
- ► 2015 (202)
- ► 2014 (204)
- ► 2013 (212)
- ► 2012 (254)
- ► 2011 (281)
- Poem of the Week (30 June 2010) - Consent
- Poetry Blog of the Week (28 June, 2010) - Fenny’s ...
- The Thursday Think Tank - #3 Spam
- Big Tent Poetry
- Poem of the Week (22 June 2010) - Mr. Sociable
- Poetry Blog of the Week (21 June, 2010) - Hope Whi...
- The Thursday Think Tank - #2 Insomnia
- Magpie Tales
- Poetry Blog of the Week (14 June, 2010) - A Collec...
- Poem of the Week (14 June, 2010) - Cough Drop
- Kim Nelson
- The Thursday Think Tank - #1 Acrostic
- Poetry Blog of the Week (7 June, 2010) - Out of My...
- Poem of the Week (7 June, 2010) - Untitled
- Larry Patterson
- I Want To Be Included
- Robert Lloyd
- ▼ Jun (17)
awards for poets united staff,
I value your efforts.