Each week at Poets United we try to introduce our members and readers to a poetry blog found here in our community. We introduce each blog by giving a small snippet about the poet responsible for hosting this blog and the style of the blog. We also link to at least one of our favorite poems that can be found in the highlighted poet’s blog. Poets United is about reading, writing and enjoying one another’s poetry and this just one more way to show our support for one another. We hope you enjoy reading the highlighted blogs.
Looking Both Ways – Looking Both Ways is a poetry blog that comes to us all the way from Kenya. The poetess behind the words that spill from this blog is Patience Ray. Her poetry touches on many aspects of life but as a reader you can almost feel her current experiences in Africa slipping out through her poetry. It is as if there is a little more of an appreciation of life that seems to pour from her pen. A prime example of this is her poem Pilgrims. In this poem she takes an everyday task and fills it with so much life, emotion and character you cannot help but read it a few times envisioning the picture her words seem to paint. Patience’s blog is occasionally sprinkled with bright vivid pictures and very easy to navigate. It is fairly obvious, one of her larger poetic inspirations is the photo prompts found at Magpie Tales and that by no means is a fault. It is impressive that she finds the time to enthrall us with her words considering her travels, intertwined her goal of completing a novel, take up a large portion of her time. Not only does Patience offer poetry to her readers but she also manages to share a few of her flash stories. Her story Pest Control is just one small example. In this fantasy story she manages to twist a tale that has the readers going one way only to realize that in the end maybe they made some all too typical assumptions. Patience has a very endearing quality to her writing that hooks her readers. Spend a few moments browsing this blog reading the talented prose and stories of Patience Ray. It is guaranteed she will leave you waiting for her next offering.
Monday, July 19, 2010
- ► 2019 (186)
- ► 2018 (202)
- ► 2017 (203)
- ► 2016 (197)
- ► 2015 (202)
- ► 2014 (204)
- ► 2013 (212)
- ► 2012 (254)
- ► 2011 (281)
- The Thursday Think Tank - #8 Sultry
- The Life of a Poet - Susannah Bec
- Poem of the Week (27 July 2010) - Lie(s)
- The Poetry Pantry Is Now Open. Week 1
- Poetry Blog of the Week (26 July, 2010) - Catapult...
- The Life of a Poet - Robin Netanel
- The Thursday Think Tank - #7 Sound
- Poem of the Week (20 July 2010) - Where
- Poetry Blog of the Week (19 July, 2010) - Looking ...
- Eileen T O'Neill
- The Thursday Think Tank - #6 Diamonds
- The Life of a Poet - Robert Cameron Hazelton
- Poem of the Week (13 July 2010) - A Ray of Hope
- Poetry Blog of the Week (12 July, 2010) - Signed.....
- The Thursday Think Tank - #5 How To...
- Poem of the Week (6 July 2010) - Picture of a Man
- Poetry Blog of the Week (5 July, 2010) - Afternoon...
- Marian (runaway sentence.)
- The Thursday Think Tank - #4 Children
- ▼ Jul (20)