Each week at Poets United we try to introduce our members and readers to a poetry blog found here in our community. We introduce each blog by giving a small snippet about the poet responsible for hosting this blog and the style of the blog. We also link to at least one of our favorite poems that can be found in the highlighted poet’s blog. Poets United is about reading, writing and enjoying one another’s poetry and this just one more way to show our support for one another. We hope you enjoy reading the highlighted blogs.
Catapult To Mars – This week we introduce you to a blog helmed by Gordon Mason, Catapult To Mars. This blog is unique in that it not only showcases Gordon’s poetry but it also shares with his readers other poetry from around the blogosphere. Even more unique than that is the fact that Catapult to Mars gives us poetry in three different languages, English, Spanish and Scots. You will occasionally find a standalone poem in English but any of those found in another language are preceded by or immediately followed with a translation. This is a courteous and much needed offering for those of us with a rusty foreign tongue or none whatsoever.
The poems that Gordon himself pens are varied on subject and always thought provoking. He is eloquent with his words and his ability to take his reader into the world he is describing is inspiring. A great example of his writing ability and just one of many poems I have enjoyed reading is his poem November (Noviembre). It is inspired by a photo (which is included on his post) that takes the reader well beyond what lies in the picture. His creativeness and imagery makes us envision an entire world from just a few words.
Catapult To Mars and Gordon Mason have been around in the poetry blogosphere for quite some time. With three years of history behind this worldly site there is a wealth of poetry to be read and enjoyed. Make sure you take a few moments to enjoy the poetry offered here by Gordon and many others in the blogosphere, it is well worth the read and you might learn a thing or two while there.
Monday, July 26, 2010
- ► 2019 (186)
- ► 2018 (202)
- ► 2017 (203)
- ► 2016 (197)
- ► 2015 (202)
- ► 2014 (204)
- ► 2013 (212)
- ► 2012 (254)
- ► 2011 (281)
- The Thursday Think Tank - #8 Sultry
- The Life of a Poet - Susannah Bec
- Poem of the Week (27 July 2010) - Lie(s)
- The Poetry Pantry Is Now Open. Week 1
- Poetry Blog of the Week (26 July, 2010) - Catapult...
- The Life of a Poet - Robin Netanel
- The Thursday Think Tank - #7 Sound
- Poem of the Week (20 July 2010) - Where
- Poetry Blog of the Week (19 July, 2010) - Looking ...
- Eileen T O'Neill
- The Thursday Think Tank - #6 Diamonds
- The Life of a Poet - Robert Cameron Hazelton
- Poem of the Week (13 July 2010) - A Ray of Hope
- Poetry Blog of the Week (12 July, 2010) - Signed.....
- The Thursday Think Tank - #5 How To...
- Poem of the Week (6 July 2010) - Picture of a Man
- Poetry Blog of the Week (5 July, 2010) - Afternoon...
- Marian (runaway sentence.)
- The Thursday Think Tank - #4 Children
- ▼ Jul (20)