Wednesday, September 1, 2010
When writing poetry, a good portion of poets go to the dark places or cover some fairly adult themes. I thought what a challenge it would be to escape that supposed standard by finding a brighter path or prompt and I think I have. Recently while exploring the poetry blogosphere I stumbled upon a blog and prompt site that I found to be intriguing a refreshingly positive. I came across Monday’s Child. It is prompt site maintained by one of our members and is a bit of a challenge to the typical poet, one that can be fun to take on. Can you find your inner child? Would you like to try? If you are in the mood to maybe try and write something happy, fun or even lyrical this is a great place to go.
Monday’s Child is a prompt site focused on children and their world brought to us by bkmmackenzie (some of you know her as signed…bkm). Each Monday a classic illustrated children’s photo is posted as your prompt and inspiration. These photos tug at your memories of child hood and inspire the imagination to wander into places long forgot. It’s a wonderful and positive way to find writing inspiration. As with most prompt sites Mister Linky can be found at the bottom of the page awaiting your submission. You have all week to ponder a poem of your own creation and post so don’t be afraid to give it a try.
In day and age where we focus on scandal and junk like reality T.V. Monday’s Child is a positive and heart warming breath of fresh air. I personally challenge you to try and write for this prompt site. You would be surprised how challenging and fun it can be. I hope to see your poetry there.
Click here to visit Monday’s Child.
- ► 2019 (186)
- ► 2018 (202)
- ► 2017 (203)
- ► 2016 (197)
- ► 2015 (202)
- ► 2014 (204)
- ► 2013 (212)
- ► 2012 (254)
- ► 2011 (281)
- The Thursday Think Tank - #17 Equality
- The Life of a Poet - Ninot Aziz
- Poem of the Week (28 September 2010) - Laughter Re...
- Poetry Blog of the Week - (27 September 2010) Cass...
- The Poetry Pantry Is Now Open - Week #10
- Poet History #4 - Edna St. Vincent Millay
- The Thursday Tink Tank - #16 Autumn
- Say Hello to...
- The Poetry Pantry Is Now Open - Week #9
- Poet History #3 - Mary Oliver
- Greetings to our newest Members
- Poem of the Week ( 14 September 2010) - witness in...
- Poetry Blog of the Week (13 September 2010) - Poet...
- Poets United Copyright Statement
- The Poetry Pantry Is Now Open - Week #8
- Susannah Bec
- Poet History - #2 Allen Ginsberg
- The Thursday Think Tank - #14 Walls
- The Life of a Poet - Pamela Sayers
- The Poet's United Quote Bucket
- Say Hello
- The Poetry Pantry Is Now Open - Week #7
- Poet History - #1 W.H. Auden
- Poet History
- The Thursday Think Tank - #13 A Kiss
- The Life of a Poet - Jingle
- Monday's Child
- ▼ Sep (27)