Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Poets United Anthology Discussion
Poets United is looking into and considering producing an anthology. We are hoping the members of this community can lend any knowledge they have in regards to doing this.
This possible foray into publishing is not meant for profit. It is meant to be a way to showcase our members and give us something a little more tangible or permanent.
If Poets United receives enough feedback, support and confidence to go through with this, we want the anthology to be as affordable as possible, free would be wonderful but we know that is a long shot. There is no intent for profit nor is there even a true need to break even. We do not wish to be a business. We are a creative outlet only pursuing a chance at sharing our work with others.
We do not want to fall into an overpriced Vanity Press trap so this concept will be thoroughly investigated prior to actual production of any sort. Worst case scenario we can look into producing a quarterly or biannual online anthology of sorts.
Robert Lloyd is currently looking at possibilities of hard print, e-books and a few other outlets. He is by no means skilled at this and is learning as he goes. Any assistance, knowledge or experience in this pursuit you can provide will be received with tons of gratitude.
If any one wishes to volunteer to sit on an exploratory panel where standards can be set for a possible Poets United anthology please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You do not need to be a professional of any sort. Poets and writers come from all walks of life and this will be a community effort.
*Please note this is merely a topic for discussion and possibility nothing has been established or decided on currently.
Labels: Poets United Anthology
- ► 2019 (186)
- ► 2018 (202)
- ► 2017 (203)
- ► 2016 (197)
- ► 2015 (202)
- ► 2014 (204)
- ► 2013 (212)
- ► 2012 (254)
- ► 2011 (281)
- Vote Now for your Favorite Anthology Title
- Poem of the Week - Money, Sometimes & The Great Le...
- We need your creativity.
- Poetry Blog of the Week - (29 November 2010) Quiet...
- Now Accepting Submissions For Our Anthology
- The Poetry Pantry Is Now Open - Week #19
- Welcome to our latest Members and Information on o...
- Classic Poetry - (The Maniac's Song & The Star - A...
- Poet History #11 - Maya Angelou
- The Thursday Think Tank - #26 Thankfulness
- The Life of a Poet - Carrie Burtt
- Poem of the Week - Tattoos 23/Nov/2010
- Poets United Forum
- Poetry Blog of the Week - (22 November 2010) Humbu...
- Opportunity Knocks - 31 Dec 2010 & 17 Dec 2010
- The Poetry Pantry Is Now Open - Week #18
- Classic Poetry - (Genius & Those Annual Bills - Ma...
- Welcome!! Here are the latest poets to join Poets ...
- Poet History #10 - John Ashbery
- The Thursday Think Tank - #24 Wings
- Opportunity Knocks - 1 Dec Deadline
- Poets United Anthology Discussion
- Poem of the Week - Rituals 16/Nov/2010
- Prompt Ideas Needed
- Poetry Blog of the Week - (15 November 2010) Beaut...
- The Poetry Pantry Is Now Open - Week #17
- Classic Poetry (A Man's Requirements - Elizabeth B...
- The Thursday Think Tank - #23 Family
- Welcome!! Here are the latest poets who have joine...
- The Life of a Poet - Kerry O'Connor
- Poem of the Week - The Glass you gave me is emptif...
- The Poetry Pantry Is Now Open - Week #16
- Classic Poetry ( Lucy Gray - William Wordsworth)
- Poet History # 9 - W.B. Yeats
- The Thursday Think Tank - #22 Magic
- Visit Our Most Recent Members
- Poetry Blog of the Week - (1 November 2010) Sharp ...
- ▼ Nov (37)