Poets United will now begin accepting submissions for our first ever anthology. The last day to submit a poem for consideration will be 15 January 2011.
We intend to include as many submissions as possible while still producing a quality book. The book itself will be sold by Lulu (an independent print to order press) with no profit to Poets United. We will keep it as cheap as possible for our members.
We have yet to name the anthology but should have one in the next couple of weeks.
Please read below for further information and standards.
- Submissions will be accepted from individuals that have been a member of Poets United for 45 days or more. This is to prevent individuals from joining just to be published and not really participating in our community. All current members will qualify for this as long as they stay active as it will close 45 days from now. The current anthology membership cut off date will be 1 Dec 2010. If you are an official member of Poets United on or before 1 December 2010 you can submit your poetry for consideration in our first issue. Any one who joins our group after that will have to wait till the next issue for publication.
- Please submit no more than three 3 poems for consideration. A panel of Poets United members will select the best of the three.
- By submitting your poem you agree the Work is original work, it has not been copied wholly or substantially from any other work or material and publication.
- All submissions and copyright will remain with the Author of the work.
- Simultaneous submissions are welcomed. Please let us know, though, and notify us immediately when your work is accepted elsewhere.
All submissions can be sent to us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Be sure to include the following:
- Your name or Pen Name
- Your Blog Name
- Title of the poem you are submitting
- Either the poem itself or a link to where we can find it.
Please remember we are not a professional agency of any sort. This anthology and all we do at Poets United is for the benefit of the Poets United community. It is a hobby and labor of love and we are happy for having the opportunity to participate.