Monday, August 2, 2010
Poetry Blog of the Week (2, August 2010) - Tesla Wall
Tesla Wall – Raisa Gorbachev once said “Youth is, after all, just a moment, but it is the moment, the spark, that you always carry in your heart.” You can see that very spark Raisa mentioned at Mory Keita’s Tesla Wall. A poetry blog that is both inspiring and fun to read. Mory may be one of the youngest poets found at Poets United but his thoughts and words give us a fresh view of old wisdom. Mory has the ability to capture a classic style with his writing while still managing to show us the present. It is his youth and wonderful outlook on life that pours out of his pen and onto his paper for us all to read.
One of our favorite poems by Mory and a prime example of his spark and heart is his poem “Growing Up”. In this poem he shows his readers what love, family and knowledge can mean in a young man’s life. Mory Kieta’s writing is passionate, understanding, and sometimes wise beyond his years. It shows us that spark we should always carry in our hearts that is shaped in our early years. If you have the opportunity please take the time to stop by Mory’s blog and see that the youth is not wasted on the young. We hope you enjoy his writing as much as we do.
Each week at Poets United we try to introduce our members and readers to a poetry blog found here in our community. We introduce each blog by giving a small snippet about the poet responsible for hosting this blog and the style of the blog. We also link to at least one of our favorite poems that can be found in the highlighted poet’s blog. Poets United is about reading, writing and enjoying one another’s poetry and this just one more way to show our support for one another. We hope you enjoy reading the highlighted blogs.
- ► 2019 (186)
- ► 2018 (202)
- ► 2017 (203)
- ► 2016 (197)
- ► 2015 (202)
- ► 2014 (204)
- ► 2013 (212)
- ► 2012 (254)
- ► 2011 (281)
- Poem of the Week (31 August 2010) - Violence
- Welcome Aboard!!
- The Poetry Pantry is Now Open - Week #6
- Pamela Sayers
- The Poets United template will change this weekend...
- Don't Forget About Your Poetry Groups
- Rosemary Nissen-Wade
- The Thursday Think Tank - #12 Water
- The Life of a Poet - Sherry Blue Sky
- carry on tuesday
- Help Us Establish Activity Standards
- Poem of the Week (24 August 2010) - One Hand & In ...
- Poetry Blog of the Week (23 August, 2010) - Beyond...
- Pardon me, but do you have the time?
- The Poetry Pantry Is Now Open - Week #5
- Wow!! Introducing....
- The Thursday Think Tank - #11 Pain
- Poem of the Week (17 August 2010) - Wasteland & On...
- Poetry Blog of the Week (16 August, 2010) - Deadly...
- Technical Difficulties – It’s those darn Monkeys a...
- The Poetry Pantry Is Now Open - Week #4
- Dan Simmons
- The Thursday Think Tank - #10 Eyes
- The Life of a Poet - Weasel
- Sherry Blue Sky
- Poem of the Week (10 August 2010) - Purging Myself...
- Poetry Blog of the Week (9, August 2010) - Words a...
- The Poetry Pantry Is Now Open - Week 3
- Chris Olson
- The Thursday Think Tank - #9 Sanctuary
- A.M. Trumble
- Poem of the Week (3 August 2010) - I will Sit with...
- Prompt Sites for Every Day and Every Occasion.
- Poetry Blog of the Week (2, August 2010) - Tesla Wall
- The Poetry Pantry Is Now Open. Week 2
- ▼ Aug (35)