Saturday, August 28, 2010
Pamela Sayers is an English teacher living in Puebla, Mexico, who’s truly passionate about two things: dogs and poetry … in that order. To the average observer, it would be difficult to determine which is the strongest passion for Pamela, although her dogs do seem to demand more attention, until one realizes that Pamela is constantly at her laptop writing, with her four perpetual puppies constantly cuddled around her and her laptop, vying for attention for the ultimate position - her lap.
She currently teaches English to Mexican students both privately and in businesses, while doing a bit of translation work on the side. Who would have thought a girl moving down to Mexico, not knowing a word of Spanish, would be translating the language for a living? She doesn't speak Spanish at home, she watches t.v. in English and her husband speaks English … so there aren't many opportunities to practice. Yet language is such a passion for Pamela that she breezes along, writing her poetry in her new home in Mexico, a place where family and friends are what are important … and, of course, dogs.
If you would like to learn more about Pamela please vist Poetry With Me
- ► 2019 (186)
- ► 2018 (202)
- ► 2017 (203)
- ► 2016 (197)
- ► 2015 (202)
- ► 2014 (204)
- ► 2013 (212)
- ► 2012 (254)
- ► 2011 (281)
- Poem of the Week (31 August 2010) - Violence
- Welcome Aboard!!
- The Poetry Pantry is Now Open - Week #6
- Pamela Sayers
- The Poets United template will change this weekend...
- Don't Forget About Your Poetry Groups
- Rosemary Nissen-Wade
- The Thursday Think Tank - #12 Water
- The Life of a Poet - Sherry Blue Sky
- carry on tuesday
- Help Us Establish Activity Standards
- Poem of the Week (24 August 2010) - One Hand & In ...
- Poetry Blog of the Week (23 August, 2010) - Beyond...
- Pardon me, but do you have the time?
- The Poetry Pantry Is Now Open - Week #5
- Wow!! Introducing....
- The Thursday Think Tank - #11 Pain
- Poem of the Week (17 August 2010) - Wasteland & On...
- Poetry Blog of the Week (16 August, 2010) - Deadly...
- Technical Difficulties – It’s those darn Monkeys a...
- The Poetry Pantry Is Now Open - Week #4
- Dan Simmons
- The Thursday Think Tank - #10 Eyes
- The Life of a Poet - Weasel
- Sherry Blue Sky
- Poem of the Week (10 August 2010) - Purging Myself...
- Poetry Blog of the Week (9, August 2010) - Words a...
- The Poetry Pantry Is Now Open - Week 3
- Chris Olson
- The Thursday Think Tank - #9 Sanctuary
- A.M. Trumble
- Poem of the Week (3 August 2010) - I will Sit with...
- Prompt Sites for Every Day and Every Occasion.
- Poetry Blog of the Week (2, August 2010) - Tesla Wall
- The Poetry Pantry Is Now Open. Week 2
- ▼ Aug (35)